Working together in the congregation is no easy task. There is no other institution like it. It is amazing that God puts up with us – but he does! He loves to forgive it. He sanctifies it and shows how only HE can make something good out of something so fallen. As we struggle through by the Grace of God, here are some things to keep in mind:
- The church has ALL KINDS of people. We don’t work with each other because we like or always get along with each other. We work together because we have been called by Jesus to be His people together.
- We are all on the SAME TEAM. In the church there is never another “side”. We are all on Jesus’ side. He is on our side. Period.
- There is only one enemy of the Kingdom of God that you should acknowledge: the DEVIL. Think about that the next time you want to gossip about others.
- JUDGING others is easy. Just remember that you probably have a log in your own eye. Be humble. Be free to say you are sorry. You really can face your sins and be honest because you know Jesus will forgive you. It is true. Factual.
- Each person is a precious GIFT of God. Treat them that way. Carefully.
- Each person has FEELINGS and emotional baggage you have no idea of. Be careful what you say or do toward them. Encourage them. Bringing them down is not your job. Really!
- Because Christ FORGIVES us it is our joy to forgive each other. This is most certainly true.
- Be LOVING, generous and kind. Sometimes it is so hard. Be loving, generous and kind anyway. It is what Christians do.
- Consider it your privilege to INTERPRET the actions and words of others in the kindest way. There really is no conspiracy against you. You don’t have to be offended or upset. Satan tries to convince you it is your right to be offended. He lies.
- Be EXCITED and willing to work together. Don’t let you own faults or the faults of others keep you from lovingly and faithfully serving the Lord and His church. You are part of God’s plan of salvation for all people. There isn’t anything more important! If you see something that needs to be done – do it! If you need to ask someone about it – feel free!
His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.’ – Matt. 25:23